Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Horowitz
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) says agency inspectors general are increasingly facing obstacles in their efforts to uncover waste and misconduct. The top watchdogs at both the Justice Department and the Peace Corps told lawmakers they've faced resistance from their agencies at times in turning over records in recent years. Lawmakers also expressed concern about the impact of across-the-board budget cuts on the operations agency IG operations.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
OPM's Sydney Smith-Heimbrock talks about new guidance for agencies to help them protect and empower employees. Inspector General Michael Horowitz of the Justice Department discusses a new report that paints a disturbing portrait of an office supposedly dedicated to fairness and equality. Analyst Gretchen Goldman for the Union of Concerned Scientist's Center for Science and Democracy discusses transparency and openness in the Obama administration. Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas) talks about the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Justice IG Michael Horowitz shares findings about what happens to illegal immigrants before they go to immigration court. Plus, how are postal employees faring on the East Coast after superstorm Sandy?
A new report by the Justice Department inspector general says inaccurate data is hampering the ability of immigration courts to resolve cases involving both detained and non-detained aliens in a timely manner.
Agency leaders take steps to show they're serious about employee fraud. Too often, they're relying on the inspector general's office to detect corruption.
The Justice Department has a new watchdog. Michael Horowitz was confirmed as the inspector general at the end of March.