Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Daniel
Michael Daniel, White house cybersecurity coordinator, talks about the new national strategy for information sharing and safeguarding. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government examines what new regulations mean to the bottom line of some contractors. Charles Crum of the Postal Service's IG office discusses how USPS is embracing the Internet. Michael Nugent of the Defense Language and National Security Education Office talks about a new language program of feds going overseas.
Tags: cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Brian Friel , Bloomberg Government , Charles Crum , USPS , Michael Nugent , Defense Language and National Security Education Office , Federal Drive , DoD , DoD Report
The Energy and Homeland Security departments are working with companies in the electricity sector to come up with a baseline set of cybersecurity standards. Michael Daniel, the White House cyber coordinator, said the framework is making a difference in how owners and operators secure their networks. But Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) said without liability protections expansion of these efforts isn't likely.
Tags: technology , industry , cybersecurity , INSA , White House , DHS , DoD , defense industrial base companies , Terry Roberts , Mike Rogers , House Intelligence Committee , information sharing , Jason Miller
The Select Committee on Intelligence member wrote a letter to White House Cyber Coordinator Michael Daniel asking him to make sure any mandate doesn't harm the networks used for interactive computer services.
In an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, White House Cyber Czar Howard Schmidt said a majority of the senior leaders in government understand the importance of securing agency, contractor and critical infrastructure systems. He said among his office's biggest accomplishments is moving the day-to-day cyber authority of federal civilian networks to DHS. Michael Daniel will replace Schmidt, whose last day is in early June.
Andy Ozment returns to work with new cyber coordinator Michael Daniel. Ozment worked at DHS for the last year as director for compliance and technology.
During his tenure, Schmidt oversaw new, large-scale cyber initiatives, but kept a relatively low profile. Experts debate his mixed legacy — calling it a solid effort with a shortened leash.
Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt is stepping down after 2-1/2 years, an NSC spokeswoman confirms.