Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
What's the key to unclogging the notoriously congested transportation network in the D.C. region? It really depends who you ask.
While Metro Board members have remained very tight-lipped about actual names of candidates, a Metro source tells WTOP the list of finalists being put together includes a candidate or candidates from outside the realm of public transit.
The region lags behind the national average for gas taxes. Some say it may be time to start paying more at the pump. What are your thoughts?
Arlington holds a public forum on helicopter noise Wednesday night.
The record high temperatures along with the absence of rain in the area has affected streamflow and groundwater levels throughout the Potomac River Basin. In the last month, precipitation levels are 50 percent below normal.
Management, communications and decision making by the region's mass transit system will go under the microscope.
"The incident cleanup is taking, frankly, more time than it really needs to," says Dave Snyder, chairman of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments' transportation planning board.
Tags: COG , Dave Snyder , traffic accidents , traffic wrecks , traffic flow , Virginia Department of Transportation , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , SHA , D.C. Department of Transportation , DDOT , Adam Tuss , Colleen Kelleher