Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
What's the key to unclogging the notoriously congested transportation network in the D.C. region? It really depends who you ask.
While Metro Board members have remained very tight-lipped about actual names of candidates, a Metro source tells WTOP the list of finalists being put together includes a candidate or candidates from outside the realm of public transit.
The region lags behind the national average for gas taxes. Some say it may be time to start paying more at the pump. What are your thoughts?
Arlington holds a public forum on helicopter noise Wednesday night.
The record high temperatures along with the absence of rain in the area has affected streamflow and groundwater levels throughout the Potomac River Basin. In the last month, precipitation levels are 50 percent below normal.
Management, communications and decision making by the region's mass transit system will go under the microscope.
"The incident cleanup is taking, frankly, more time than it really needs to," says Dave Snyder, chairman of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments' transportation planning board.
Tags: COG , Dave Snyder , traffic accidents , traffic wrecks , traffic flow , Virginia Department of Transportation , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , SHA , D.C. Department of Transportation , DDOT , Adam Tuss , Colleen Kelleher