Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Metro
John Catoe reflected on his time as general manager at his final Metro Board meeting on Thursday.
Expect crowds on Metro over the next two weeks. The National Cherry Blossom Festival gets underway this weekend.
MERVS, or Mobile Emergency Response Vehicles, come in pieces and can be assembled by fire fighters in about three minutes and placed on the tracks anywhere.
At a board meeting on Thursday, Metro officials will present a plan that will set in motion the procurement of hundreds of new, next generation rail cars, known as 7000 series rail cars.
Metro has selected a transit official from the San Francisco area as its new head of safety, WTOP has learned.
About 350 passengers were on the Red Line train at the time of the Feb. 12 derailment.
The first phase of the Silver Line, running from East Falls Church to Reston, is set to open by 2013, says Rep. Frank Wolf.
Investigators believe John Patrick Bedell who opened fire on Pentagon officers acted alone. Bedell, who died after the shootout, is not believed to be tied to terrorism.
The drill will take place at the Friendship Heights Metro station late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
A group of senators calls Metro's safety record "unacceptable" and says "systematic failures" need to be addressed. The threat of a federal takeover comes as NTSB hearings open on Metro's deadliest ever crash.