Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Metro
Metro says there was no safety hazard last week when a Red Line train operator hit the emergency brake because he felt he was getting too close to another train.
"WMATA has the worst safety record in the country, and they need to improve that safety record," Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley said on WTOP's Ask the Governor program.
The panel that oversees Metro's safety has sent a sternly-written letter to the Richard Sarles, the transit agency's interim General Manager, expressing its concern over a near-miss this week on the Red line.
One Metro train approached another too quickly Wednesday, but the transit agency didn't immediately investigate or report the near collision.
Work on the Dulles Metro Rail project will cause the shutdown of several lanes late Friday.
Metro's oldest and busiest line is not running on a schedule that matches "reality." That frank assessment came from the transit agency's interim general manager.
Metro says a piece of insulation on the third rail started smoking near the Dupont Circle station around 1:30 p.m.
Metro police officers are on heightened alert following the failed New York City bombing in Times Square over the weekend.
Metro says someone called 911 with a bomb threat to the station, and D.C. Police asked Metro to close the station while they investigate the threat.
Tags: Dupont Circle
In an exclusive one-on-one ride on the rails with WTOP, Metro interim General Manager Richard Sarles talks about his first days on the job and the future of the transit agency.