Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Meredith Shiner
Meredith Shiner, Senate reporter at CQ Roll Call, tells In Depth with Francis Rose about what this extension means for you.
Senate Republicans are proposing an extension of the federal pay freeze in order to pay for a continuation of a payroll tax cut favored by congressional Democrats and the White House. The proposal, which was assailed by some Democrats and federal employee unions, also includes a provision to cut 10 percent of the federal workforce — or about 200,000 positions.
CQ Roll Call reporter Meredith Shiner has an update on the supercommittee talks on its deadline day.
Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham want Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to take a look at what a supercommittee failure would mean for the military.