Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Melissa Hathaway
Sources tell FederalNewsRadio that a leading candidate is a staff member on the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the meantime, former White House cybersecurity lead Hathaway and other industry experts offer the new cyber coordinator some advice about priorities and challenges.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , James Langevin , Sameer Bhalotra , White House , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DHS , DoD , NSA , FBI , ODNI , Mischel Kwon , Liesyl Franz , TechAmerica , RSA , Hathaway Global Strategies , information sharing
Social network and banking scams are on the rise, there's a new hacker challenge, and reasons why there's no cybersecurity czar... yet.
Hathaway offers high level details of forth-coming report. Administration expected to release it by May 8.
Earlier this year, there were high hopes for the Obama Administration's cybersecurity policies. Now, however, the departure of one top White House cybersecurity official has raised concerns with a top Rhode Island lawmaker.
Melissa Hathaway of Hathaway Global Strategies discussed cybersecurity as part of the series Executive Suite.
Congress heard criticisms of the White House's cybersecurity proposal Friday, including claims that it provides incentives that could make the nation's critical infrastructure less secure.
Melissa Hathaway, president of Hathaway Global Strategies and the former White House cybersecurity advisor, shares her insights.
In the last 18 months, Melissa Hathaway said, cybersecurity threats have gotten far more stealthy and there is an understanding that it's not just an Internet-based threat. It can come from a multi-media device internally or even a wi-fi device.
Your agency's cybersecurity marching orders may be changing. Former cyber czar Melissa Hathaway joined In Depth with Francis Rose with the latest analysis of bills in Congress that could change the nation's cybersecurity mandate. She tells Federal News Radio that it's down to two bills and one could have an impact on the role of CIOs.
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.