Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Melissa Dawkins
The Department of Energy detailed to House lawmakers Wednesday its plans to create a new undersecretary for management and performance and expand its undersecretary of science office.
A roundtable sponsored by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee explored how public-private partnerships could work to get rid of federal property more quickly.
Tags: management , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , real property disposal , Lou Barletta , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Kim Burke , Jones Lang LaSalle , Michael Allen , Hines Interest , OMB ,
Legislators want to strengthen OPM's ability to oversee the security clearance process to thwart under-qualified candidates from obtaining and keeping security clearances.
The Homeland Security Department's Border Management Systems Programs Office awarded a contract to Unisys to modernize its border-management systems.
The number of furloughed federal employees seeking emergency loans from the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA) continues to grow, as FEEA tries to keep up with the heightened demand.
NIST and the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellece (NCCoE) want to facilitate public-private collaborations surrounding cybersecurity solutions by creating a new research-and-development center.
After an OSHA investigation found USPS electrical work violations, USPS agreed to agencywide changes in electrical work safety and training.
The Department of the Interior is actively hiring young people in order to increase diversity within its ranks. At a recent event, Secretary Sally Jewell encouraged other agencies to adopt similar diversity initiatives.
Members of the House have doubts about the Labor Department's proposal to set a uniform benefit rate for FECA beneficiaries. A GAO study found that such propositions will decrease benefits to injured workers with dependents. FECA benefits would also align more closely with Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) benefits once injured workers reach retirement age.
Tags: workforce , pay and benefits , workers compensation , retirement , FECA , DoL , GAO , George Miller , Gary Steinberg , Andrew Sherrill , Scott Szymendera , House Education and the Workforce Committee
House members with constituents impacted by budget cuts to the Patent and Trademark Office and Department of Defense are taking steps to ease the effect of sequestration and furloughs.