Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Meg Beasley
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, announced subcommittee leadership positions today. Freshmen and veterans alike will hold gavels in the 112th Congress.
Several agencies have released plans to improve Asian Americans and Pacific Islander access to government jobs and services. The programs address an Executive Order requiring agencies to examine how they serve this population.
Patrick Donahoe became the 73rd Postmaster General Friday, assuming control of the Postal Service in the midst of a fiscal crisis. Donahoe said USPS will reduce its workforce by another 7,500 people in 2011. Still, he's optimistic about the future. In the short term, however, the reality is that postal workers are likely to suffer while the agency tries to balance its books.
The agency plans on hiring 500 more federal employees in 2011. Officials said they could save $40 million by reducing the number of vendor employees. CBP also is hiring more lower-level employees to help keep the pipeline of skills flowing.
Vintage videos are one of several changes to the Department of Energy's website.
Office of Management and Budget Director Jack Lew announced the President's plan to nominate Heather Higginbottom to replace Rob Nabors.
White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt announced the formation of the National Program Office to manage the administration's plan to enhance security in cyberspace. The new office will align government standards with industry innovation to create a safer online environment.
The Office of Personnel Management issued guidance on the new internship and hiring programs. Last month President Obama had issued an executive order to scrap the controversial Federal Career Intern Program.
DISA's Tony Montemarano said the agency wants to use more performance based contracts to better manage contractors.
Chairman Darrell Issa announced the launch of his committee's hearings on YouTube. Issa said the videos are a first step to a more transparent government.