Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Meg Beasley
Almost a decade after the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, some lawmakers are deeply troubled by what they describe as the agency's ambiguous objectives and a lack of concrete progress.
The Transportation Security Administration is blocking access to websites deemed "inappropriate for government access" from agency computers.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is implementing changes it says will help simplify and speed the process for veterans seeking compensation for disabilities related to their military service. The news comes as the Department is working to cut the large claims backlog it has accumulated.
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , USDA , VA , DHS , education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA ,
One DHS official said efforts to encourage collaboration between federal and local law enforcement agencies are off to a good start. But he said the full potential of fusion centers isn't being realized yet.
The Cyber Command is focused on achieving real-time capabilities, but the director of current operations said they still have serious work to do. He appealed to industry leaders for help designing a sufficient platform.
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.
Tags: management , technology , SSA , GSA , House Ways and Means Committee , budget cuts , furloughs , national computer center , AFGE , Patrick O'Carroll , Kelly Croft , David Foley , Witold Skwierczynski ,
OPM reports a rise in teleworking from 2008 - 2009. The survey shows satisfaction among feds who do telework, but reveals barriers that are keeping others from doing so. One Congressman hopes the new law will turn interest in telework into practice.
Some administration officials fear the acquisition workforce can't properly manage government contracts. Dan Gordon said strengthening that workforce is OFPP's number one priority. He also said he wants to improve communication between government acquisition officers and industry.
A financial accounting task force said the government's accounts are too hard to understand and are misleading. A House Oversight subcommittee held the first of a series of hearings on making agency spending data more transparent and more user-friendly.