Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Medicare
On this week's Capital Impact show, guests discuss how the Paul Ryan budget plan would affect federal spending, how NASA would be affected by sequestration, and two new mobile apps for this year's Democratic and Republican conventions.
August 16, 2012
Tags: acquisition , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact , Allen Scott , Mitt Romney , Paul Ryan , health care spending , budget battle , sequestration , Christopher Flavelle , Robert Litan , Kevin Brancato , contracting , Matthew Zisman , NASA , 2012 Democratic convention , 2012 Republican convention , mobile apps
Federal employees turning 65 might be wondering: Do I get Medicare Part B coverage in addition to my federal health plan?
Host Mike Causey will talk estate planning with attorney Tom O'Rourke, and long term care with Paul Forte and Mary Lou McGuiness of Long Term Care Partners.
June 27, 2012(Encore presentation July 4, 2012)
Host Mike Causey is joined by Federal Times
Senior Writer Stephen Losey and Paul Forte and
Mary Lou McGuiness with Long Term Care Partners.
May 9, 2012
For analysis of the Ryan plan without politics,The Federal Drive with Tom Temin turn to Jason Fitchner, a senior research fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the top GOP budget writer, borrowed the idea of insurance exchanges, a big pooled marketplace, from the health care law enacted in Massachusetts when GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney was governor. Ryan wants to set one up for Medicare.
Four senators introduced a bill that would add Medicare patients to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan, as Medicare is gradually phased out. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association tells feds to be wary of the bill.