Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Max Stier
Chief human capital officers say the inability to do targeted internship announcements is frustrating and reducing effectiveness of the program. The Office of Personnel Management says it's working with agencies to address these challenges, including initiatives to target specific skillsets.
The Partnership for Public Service announced 33 finalists for this year's Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals. The list includes federal employees both new and experienced, who are making "high-impact" contributions on a domestic and global scale.
Once a year, the federal government celebrates its employees' achievements in Oscar-like fashion. The Service to America Medals recognize the most innovative federal employees or teams that are making a difference for the public. The Partnership for Public Service has just released the list of 33 finalists. President Max Stier , told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the categories for this year's Sammies nominations.
"Executive branch Swiss cheese" is what Chairman Tom Carper (D-Del.) of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee calls leadership vacancies at your agency. He and ranking member, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), are looking for ways to plug up the employment gaps at your agency. Max Stier, president and chief executive officer of the Partnership for Public Service, testified before the committee at a hearing called Management Matters: Creating a 21st Century Government. He has a list of recommendations for Congress to follow as it plans a way to modernize your agency's workforce.
The Obama administration calls on agencies to get smarter about tracking employee morale and engagement.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Despite progress in confirming a new secretary and deputy secretary, DHS still features a large number of officials in acting roles. Former Secretary Tom Ridge told lawmakers the department cannot build nor sustain a mission-focused culture with so many non-permanent positions. NTEU says pay freezes, budget cuts and the government shutdown are more to blame for low morale across DHS and the entire government.
More and better information is getting to be the driving force behind spending and program decisions across the government. OMB is requiring agencies to update strategic plans and objectives based on their analysis of program and back-office data.
Tags: managament , OMB , Dustin Brown , Christopher Braden , CDC , Gary Eilerts , USAID , Partnership for Public Service , data-driven analysis , Nani Coloretti , Treasury , A New Era in Technology , Jason Miller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
A new report by the Partnership of Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton calls for a multiagency enterprise approach to the way the federal government handles major public policy goals.