Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Max Cacas
President Obama's nominee to head the Transportation Security Administration had his confirmation hearing in the Senate yesterday. Lawmakers used the hearing as an opportunity to get answers about some lingering concerns over one of the most visible arms of the Department of Homeland Security.
A Senate panel holds a confirmation hearing for the man nominated to be second in command at the nation's Intelligence Community. Lawmakers learn how he and his boss plan to play to each other's strengths. Also: a committment to substantially reduce the use of outside contractors in the IC.
When members of Congress weigh in on cybersecurity, do they know what they're talking about? How about the use of technology in government? Some of the top names in the federal government on both these topics were questioned on Congressional expertise by Federal News Radio during recent conferences and news events.
The clock continues to tick down to the April 1st start of the 2010 Census, and a Senate oversight subcommittee continues to focus on efforts for an accurate count of the nation's population next year.
Officials today announced that the review, which is being conducted mostly online and using Web 2.0 collaborative tools, is succeeding beyond their expectations.
Tags: security , DHS , QHSR , Alan Cohn , Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy and Strategi ,
Director John Berry tells Federal News Radio he is waiting to hear what exactly happened from authorities, but will not tolerate violence against federal employees under any circumstances.
With seven months to go before census forms begin arriving in American mailboxes, the newly-confirmed Census Director Dr. Robert Groves holds his first news conference.