Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Max Cacas
Financial planners say that when it comes to the Thrift Savings Plan, its always useful to invest for the long-haul. That may be good advice for federal employees based on the performance of the TSP in January. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has the latest edition of our new monthly feature, TSP Snapshot.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delivered to Congress the very first Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. The document reflects nearly a year's worth of work as DHS officials, external stakeholders and even members of the public held an unusually open examination of the programs and priorities of a mega-agency charged with safeguarding the nation. An outside group that monitors the homeland security community offers its own first-look of the QHSR.
Tags: security , DHS , QHSR , Janet Napolitano , Frank J. Cilluffo , Homeland Security Policy Institute , George Washington University , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , National Academy of Public Administration ,
Declassifying 400 million classified documents. That is the task at hand for the newly created National Declassification Center at the National Archives. An archivist whose job just became part of the National Declassification uses recently declassified documents from the early days of the Cold War confrontation over West and East Berlin in a lecture on the challenges of making public that which has been secret for so many years. A Federal News Radio exclusive.
The White House gets out ahead of the declassification process.
Late last month, President Obama signed an Executive Order making significant changes in the way that classified documents are handled. In addition to extending classification for documents dating back to the Vietnam War era, the order also calls for important new guidelines for how to share the information contained in classified documents. Recently, two of the authors of that Executive Order talked about their work before a transparency conference at the American University.
Tags: newsstand , declassification , Executive Order 13526 , National Declassification Center , National Archives , Bill Leary , National Security Council , Gina Genton , ODNI , American University , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy ,
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Sometime before the end of February, Dr. Ron Sanders, the Chief Human Capital Officer and the Associate Director of National Intelligence, will step down from his position of almost 20 years in the Intelligence Community. His retirement had been rumored since sometime before Christmas, but was formally announced earlier this week.
Sometime before the end of February, Dr. Ron Sanders, the Chief Human Capital Officer and the Associate Director of National Intelligence, will step down from his position of almost 20 years in the Intelligence Community. His retirement had been rumored since sometime before Christmas, but was formally announced earlier this month.
Your Thrift Savings Fund did not take a holiday last month. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has the latest installment of our new monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot".
Our reporters give us their thoughts.