Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Max Baucus
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
John Koskinen, President Barack Obama's pick to lead the embattled Internal Revenue Service, pledged to restore public trust in the agency following the recent uproar over revelations of purported political bias by IRS employees. Speaking before the Senate Finance Committee Tuesday morning, Koskinen also said he'd work to turn around the declining employee morale.
Senate amendment allows retiring federal employees to return to work on a part-time basis. Ron Sanders, senior executive adviser at Booz Allen Hamilton, says this provision allows retirees to pass along their institutional knowledge while continuing their civil service.
The Senate voted Wednesday to overhaul transportation programs and keep aid flowing to thousands of construction projects while strengthening highway. The $109 billion measure, approved in a 74-22 vote, included a number of amendments affecting federal pay and benefits, including a provision to allows "phased retirements" for federal employees and an expansion of an expired mass-transit subsidy.
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) introduced an amendment to the Surface Transportation Bill that offers part-time employment to retiring feds. The Senate passed the amendment Thursday.
Federal pension contributions would increase under a compromise deal to extend a payroll tax cut and pay for jobless benefits through 2012.
The reformation of the country's health care system is one of the next priorities for President Barack Obama and Congress, and the Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services will be at the center of this effort.
With the 2010 census winding down its more public face, officials are double-checking their work as the bureau looks toward the final decennial population count. The Census director peers into his crystal ball as he begins to consider how the 2020 census will be conducted.