Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Martin Dempsey
DoD officials say as the number of troops shrink so should their real estate holdings. Lawmakers are wary about reducing troop and bases levels too much, and the expense of the Base Realignment and Closure process.
The Pentagon begins the process of revealing its budget plan for fiscal year 2013. The proposal includes the scaling back of several weapons systems, savings on personnel costs, along with an assurance from top DoD officials that even though the military will be smaller, it will be more agile and more capable.
Tags: DoD , DoD budget , reversibility , efficiencies , Budget Control Act , sequestration , strategic guidance , Leon Panetta , James Winnefeld , pay and benefit , workforce , Jared Serbu , On DoD , retirement , TRICARE , acquistion workforce , budget , Robert Hale , BRAC , IT efficiencies
GOP senators unveiled a bill Thursday that would grant the Defense Department a one-year reprieve from "sequestration" cuts. House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the proposal "skullduggery."
Tags: DoD , Congress , pay and benefits , workforce , supercommittee , sequestration , John McCain , Jon Kyl , Kelly Ayotte , John Cornyn , CBO , NTEU , BRAC , pay freeze , attrition , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, says he'll kill any request coming from the Pentagon for a new round of base closures.
In a speech at Duke University, Dempsey says the Defense Department is not the victim of a drive to reduce growth in the national debt.
The President and the Pentagon gave the rough outlines Thursday for how they plan to create a lean, but still effective military. Ground forces will shrink, capabilities in cyber, ISR, technology will grow.
Obama, flanked by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey, unveiled the results of an eight-month defense strategy review that is intended to guide decisions on cutting hundreds of billions from planned Pentagon spending over the coming decade. But the eight-page document contained no details about how broad concepts for reshaping the military will translate into troop or weapons cuts.
The Pentagon chief says the U.S. will have to make some tradeoffs and take some extra risks under the new military strategy laid out to absorb federal budget cuts.