Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Martha Johnson
Agency moves Federal High-Performance Green Buildings office to Office of Governmentwide Policy. GSA also creates the first Chief Greening Officer in the Public Buildings Service.
Oversight and Government Reform Committee was to have heard from GSA, Interagency Management Council and the five vendors. But lawmakers are attending Dorothy Height's funeral.
Tags: technology , contracting , Diane Watson , Sonny Bhagowalia , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , GSA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interior , OMB , Networx , telecommunications , FTS2001
Current and former officials say day-to-day operations are working well, but morale and long term strategy are suffering. Martha Johnson, the nominee to be GSA administrator, remains on hold in Senate. GSA names fourth acting administrator since 2008 and the parade of interim leaders is creating more uneasiness about the agency's future.
Tags: management , Stephen Leeds , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , GSA , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Danielle Germain , Lurita Doan , Acting administrator , confirmation process
Tags: Green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , Energy Star , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
Senior administration officials encourage and promote federal service during Public Service Recognition Week. President Obama sends letter recognizing federal, state and local government employees.
Numbers about telework have been popping up in the news.
The blanket purchase agreement could be worth $2.5 billion over five years. GSA wants vendors to bid on email-as-a-service, office automation and records management.