Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Martha Johnson
Oversight and Government Reform Committee was to have heard from GSA, Interagency Management Council and the five vendors. But lawmakers are attending Dorothy Height's funeral.
Tags: technology , contracting , Diane Watson , Sonny Bhagowalia , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , GSA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interior , OMB , Networx , telecommunications , FTS2001
Current and former officials say day-to-day operations are working well, but morale and long term strategy are suffering. Martha Johnson, the nominee to be GSA administrator, remains on hold in Senate. GSA names fourth acting administrator since 2008 and the parade of interim leaders is creating more uneasiness about the agency's future.
Tags: management , Stephen Leeds , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , GSA , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Danielle Germain , Lurita Doan , Acting administrator , confirmation process
Tags: green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , contracting , policy , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , Energy Star , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
Senior administration officials encourage and promote federal service during Public Service Recognition Week. President Obama sends letter recognizing federal, state and local government employees.
Numbers about telework have been popping up in the news.
The blanket purchase agreement could be worth $2.5 billion over five years. GSA wants vendors to bid on email-as-a-service, office automation and records management.
Lawmakers included $17 million in the one-week bill to keep the government open. This is still short of the $35 million the administration requested, but it will help keep some of the open governments running.
GSA is focused on reducing waste as much as possible, while still allowing government to be effective. Sustainability was a focus of this year's IRMCO event.
A troubled economy and mobile technology are changing the workplace landscape. Literally.
The Federal Protective Service is putting posters in 9,000 federal buildings this week, along with a special toll-free hotline, urging federal workers to report suspicious activity.