Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mark Reger
Defense health officials are testing a tool to give service members a mental health boost on demand. It's a mobile app called the Virtual Hope Box. Each user can customize it. Mark Reger is the deputy director and chief of research at the National Center for Telehealth and Technology, which is part of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury. He explained the app's purpose when he joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive.
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , OMB , Treasury , Joe Ward , Interior , HHS , Jason Miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , Beth Angerman , The Performance Institute , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
In this week's Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller explores how DoD is developing its cloud security standards and Treasury is filling a financial management void.
Tags: Teri Takai , FedRAMP , GSA , DoD , Keith Alexander , Edward Snowden , cloud , cybersecurity , Mike Rogers , Robert Work , Treasury , Danny Werfel , Norman Dong , OMB , Anne Rung , Dennis VanderTuig , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Lesley Field , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
All agency bureaus will implement the Internet Payment Platform by 2012. Additionally, all Treasury vendors must submit invoices through the portal starting in 2013. The electronic invoice payment program is one of 12 initiatives to improve federal financial management.
In the federal government, they wield spreadsheets, strive for "clean audit opinions", and are the first line of defense in accounting for the spending of taxpayer dollars. "They" are the top federal CFOs and financial managers, and yesterday, they met here in Washington to discuss their profession.