Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mark Magaw
Prince George's County Executive Rushern Banker has nominated the interim chiefs of the county police and fire departments to become the full-time chiefs of those departments.
As Prince George's County detectives investigate a new murder Wednesday morning -- the 14th in 2011 -- county leadership is reaching out to both the federal government and local citizens to help stay the killing streak.
Prince George's Count Police have been making progress in 13 homicide cases, with arrests in four of them. Magaw is quick to point out one of the cases may not be criminal, describing it as a "justifiable homicide." Still, the surge in violence has the agency on the alert.
Maryland officials are taking a hard look at safety in both the community and the classroom.
2011 has been violent for Prince George's County, with at least 13 murders in first 13 days of the new year.
Prince George's County is bringing in over 100 federal agents to help stay the string of murders that have left more than a dozen dead just days into the new year.
With five murders in five nights, Prince George's County Police acknowledge the first few days of 2011 have been exceptionally violent.
Former Baltimore Mayor Kurt L. Schmoke and retired Prince George's County Circuit Court Judge William Missouri will co-chair the Prince George's County Government Accountability and Integrity Task Force.
Tags: Rushern Baker , Kurt Schmoke , William Missouri , Prince George's County Government Accountability a , Prince George's County Office of Inspector General , Isiah Leggett , District V Coffee Club , Prince George's County Police Department , Kate Ryan , Jack Johnson , Leslie Johnson