Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mark Borkowski
A new memo calls for a more unified decision-making effort that is supported by data and analysis. Secretary Jeh Johnson is focusing on making programs more effective.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: A deeper focus on strategic sourcing, boosting acquisition and cyber workforces
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: jason miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , technology , acquisition , industry , Joe Jordan , Mike Smith , DHS , OFPP , CBP , acquisition workforce , strategic sourcing , DoD , cybersecurity , Keith Alexander , Carl Levin , U.S. Cyber Command
The agency has chosen to let some acquisition schedules slip, as a solution to constrained budgets. By doing so, CBP increases the likelihood of successful acquisition projects, said an agency executive.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
A Defense Department program to share military equipment with federal, state and local agencies could ease budget pressure at the Homeland Security Department. Already, Customs and Border Protection has used military drones and radar-equipped airships to track drug smugglers and human traffickers.
Secure Border Initiative
July 23, 2009
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has ordered a departmentwide reassessment of the $6-to-8 billion SBInet program.
DHS and Boeing understand that they must show successes in 2010 or risk major changes to the initiative. Lawmakers express frustration over lack of progress after three years, $1.1 billion.
Tags: contracting , technology , Richard Stana , Bennie Thompson , Loretta Sanchez , Christopher Carney , DHS , CBP , GAO , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Timothy Peters , Secure Border Initiative , SBINet
The border security program continues to experience delays. Secretary Napolitano calls for reassessment to make sure program is meeting agency's needs. DHS will not move forward with any new SBInet deployments in the near future.
Tags: security , technology , Janet Napolitano , Bennie Thompson , Mark Souder , DHS , CBP , House Homeland Security Committee , Boeing , Heritage Foundation , Jena Baker-McNeil , SBINet , border security