Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Marion Blakey
Roughly five months until across-the-board budget reductions, known as sequestration, are set to kick in, the Aerospace Industries Association unveiled a new report Tuesday that warned of jobs losses, billions in losses to the economy and a blow to wages from the $1.2 trillion, 10-year cuts in defense and domestic programs. The report comes amid a cacophony of election-year demands and partisan backbiting over how to avert the impending cuts that will only grow louder in the coming weeks. Lawmakers agree that it's imperative that Congress move swiftly before the November election to avert the cuts, but have offered wide variations on a solution.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Defense contractors are growing increasingly worried about the automatic, across-the-board budget cuts, known as sequestration, which are set to take effect in January. Marion Blakey, the president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association, said the cuts would hit the defense industry particularly hard.
Marion Blakey, the president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association a former FAA administrator, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what aerospace contractors should keep their eyes open for.
New plans for NASA put jobs and billions of dollars on the line. Marion Blakey, president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association gives us the private sector's perspective
Marion Blakey is the President and CEO of the Aerospace Industry Association.
Defense News reports that the Aerospace Industries Association says cuts to defense spending will hurt a major driver of the economy.