Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Marine Corps
Brigadier General Loretta Reynolds has become the first female commander of the Marine Corps' historic recruit depot at Parris Island, S.C.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , technology , industry , contracting , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
GAO's Sharon Pickup explains how the Army and Marine Corps are working together and how your agency can work with other agencies to achieve a common goal.
Contractors building facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps have to offer up some green elements in their blueprints. WFED's Jared Serbu reports.
Federal News Radio has compiled a list of important links and resources on the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure.
Brigadier General Kevin Nally, the Marine Corps chief information officer, gives Federal News Radio an update on how the transition to the new Marine Corps worldwide network is going.
April 14, 2011
The Pentagon is under fire from investigators who are "concerned" about a weapons program that's over budget and past its deadline.
The Army and Marine Corps are both in the early phases of deploying logistics accountability systems that will replace a collection of disconnected, stovepiped IT systems and processes that have grown up since the 1960s. Though the systems share the same objective, they were made by different vendors, prompting questions from one member of Congress.
Tags: DoD , Congress , management , Army , Claire McCaskill , financial management , DoD budget , Enterprise Resource Planning , Drew Dwyer , James Amos , Senate Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
Terry Halvorsen, who was named the Department of the Navy chief information officer in November, told attendees at a San Diego conference that his organization would seek to build more effective, efficient IT structures by leveraging the size and capabilities of both the Navy and Marine Corps. He also predicted the department's IT operation would have to meet its responsibilities with fewer people and fewer resources than it now has.