Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Marine Corps
After the Office of Special Counsel intervened on their behalf, two federal whistleblowers won a 45-day stay on personnel actions taken against them.
The Office of Special Counsel is seeking to halt adverse personnel actions against two federal whistleblowers. Both employees were placed on unpaid administrative leave after they blew the whistle at their agencies.
A marine who took pot shots at the Pentagon says he didn't do it for the reasons most people think. Learn more in today's DoD Report.
There's a new web portal for Navy and the Marine Corps. Learn more in today's DoD Report
Brigadier General Loretta Reynolds has become the first female commander of the Marine Corps' historic recruit depot at Parris Island, S.C.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , technology , industry , contracting , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
GAO's Sharon Pickup explains how the Army and Marine Corps are working together and how your agency can work with other agencies to achieve a common goal.
Contractors building facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps have to offer up some green elements in their blueprints. WFED's Jared Serbu reports.