Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Marie Johns
Marie Johns, deputy administrator of the Small Business Administration talks about National Small Business Week. Dr. Todd Fore, executive director of the Air Force Personnel Center at Randolph Air Force Base, discusses the latest on how the Air Force is improving the federal recruitment and hiring process. Retired Air Force Gen. Lester Lyles, who led the Military Leadership Diversity Commission, talks about diversity in the military.
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Kevin Mahoney , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
In part 2 of the special investigative series, Diane Sellers said she faced another round of retaliation just this past January when management moved her into a new position without cause. Sellers and two other career agency officials say they are facing a hostile work environment because they blew the whistle on potential misconduct. SBA says there is no evidence of HR violations or creating phony positions.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , David Robbins , Michael Chodos , Keith Lucas , Elaine Powell Belnavis , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , AFGE , whistleblower retaliation , human resources , Jason Miller
In part one of the exclusive Federal News Radio series, Karla Saunders says SBA management continues to exact revenge against her for testifying on behalf of another employee about agency misconduct. Saunders says among the reprisals she has faced over the past three years is officials put her in two jobs involuntarily that she has no qualifications for. SBA officials deny any wrongdoing and say the administrator has no tolerance for waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , SBA , Office of Special Counsel , Debra Roth , Vincent Melehy , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Jason Miller