Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Management
After nearly a year on the job, Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker is overseeing progress against five strategic pillars, including innovation, trade and management. She said she's trying to make sure employees feel connected to the vision and mission of the agency.
The White House released a U.S. Open Data Action Plan Friday, which comes exactly one year after the President signed an executive order to make government data open and machine-readable.
The House Small Business Committee chairman said the recent listing to hire a new director for the Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization doesn't meet the updated requirements for the position as outlined in the 2013 Defense authorization bill.
Bob Brese, chief information officer at the Department of Energy, joins Federal News Radio's Jason Miller for an online chat.
Stan Krejci of the SK Group discusses whether your company needs a board of advisers, and if so, how you should assemble one.
May 12, 2014
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , OMB , Treasury , Joe Ward , Interior , HHS , jason miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , Beth Angerman , The Performance Institute , Mark Reger , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
Federal employees are growing increasingly frustrated with budget cuts, stagnant pay levels and a negative perception of the federal bureaucracy, government surveys reveal. At a townhall event hosted by the Partnership for Public Service, the heads of the Departments of Commerce, Homeland Security and Labor say they're getting the message.
The Office of Management and Budget told agencies in its annual budget guidance to propose a 2 percent reduction in discretionary spending levels and an increase for a specific, prioritized set of programs that are working well. OMB's Lisa Danzig said agencies should use the data from their strategic reviews to help make these decisions.
The organization says a series of whistleblowers and investigative reports show a "pattern of bureaucratic incompetence and failed leadership" among VA senior leaders. This is the first time in more than 30 years the American Legion has called for the removal of a public official.
A new memo calls for a more unified decision-making effort that is supported by data and analysis. Secretary Jeh Johnson is focusing on making programs more effective.