Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Management
When it comes to leadership communication, NASA and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation rise to the top, according to a Partnership for Public Service analysis released Wednesday.
Improving acquisition compliance and ethics may involve less rulemaking and more culture shaping according to panelists at the National Contract Management Association's World Congress conference. At the conference, agency leaders discussed the need to streamline and pursue innovative approaches to federal acquisition policies.
Tags: acquisition , management , FAR , compliance and ethics , procurement , Boeing Company , Navy , OFPP , Lesley Field , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Stephen Epstein , James Meade , Angela Styles , Stephanie Wasko , National Contract Management Association
Robert McDonald's confirmation as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs today may be the beginning of a new culture at the agency. Ethics is one aspect of that culture that Congress will be watching very closely. Linda Fisher Thornton is CEO of Leading in Context. She writes in Gov Exec about building an ethical culture in a Federal agency. On In Depth with Francis Rose, she explained what's the same -- and what's different -- about building that culture in government as compared to the private sector.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Government Operations wants to know how agencies plan to dispose of and consolidate more than 7,000 federal properties worth $350 billion. On the same day, the FBI announced the finalists for the site of its consolidated relocation.
Tags: Ariel Levin-Waldman , GSA , OMB , GAO , Veterans Affairs , David Mader , Michael Gelber , David Wise , James Sullivan , Congress , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FBI , management , Public Buildings Service , real property disposal , Freeze the Footprint
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved the Senior Executive Service Accountability Act that, if approved by the full House, the Senate and the President, would significantly change conditions of employment for members of the Senior Executive Service. But, is it a good bill, asks former DHS CHCO Jeff Neal.
About 83,000 Defense Department employees and contractors, who held or were determined eligible for a security clearance, owed more than $730 million in unpaid taxes as of June 2012, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office. Per GAO's recommendations, the Office of Personnel Management, Office of the Director of National Intelligence and DoD are now working to include tax-compliance checks to enhance security clearance processes.
Agencies released sustainability scorecards showing progress toward green goals. Overall, agencies have exceeded goals and reduced greenhouse gases, pollution and waste and increased renewables.
Agencies have until Oct. 1 to make competitive employment training grants more job-driven, according to a memo from the Office of Management and Budget. This follows the push from both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden for agency training programs to focus on connecting employees to the right jobs.
With all the bad press the government, and government workers are getting nowadays, do you ever tell people you do something else---like maybe you are a travel agent or undertaker---for a living? If not, you may want to reconsider why not.
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee members approved the Federal Records Accountability Act, which mandates preservation of digital correspondence. The committee also passed the Searching for and Cutting Regulations that are Unnecessarily Burdensome Act, which would establish a presidential committee to find and review outdated, burdensome, costly or obsolete regulations.