Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Management
You can actually thank Thomas Edison for suggesting the idea for the Naval Research Laboratory, located on the banks of the Potomac in southwest DC. The NRL has been instrumental in the development of radar, sonar, nuclear subs, early satellite technology, and even lightweight body armor to protect against IEDs. The NRL is also involved in pure scientific research that won't find practical application until well into the future.
When a soldier goes to war, who will care for his or her four-legged friend? A non-profit group in Indiana - Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet -- will find foster homes for the pets of servicemembers deployed, training, or experiencing hardship. Its founder learned of pets being left at shelters and rescue groups during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The pet stays in foster care until the safe return of the servicemember.