Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: MACs
Brian Friel, a federal business intelligence analyst with Bloomberg Government, spoke The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp, to discuss his new study "Big MACs: Fixed-Price Deals Lag."
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent Bloomberg Government study examining the growth of multiple-award contracts.
A new report to Congress says OFPP will release new policies this fall to improve the management and use of multiple award contracts. One of the policies will require business cases for all multi- and inter-agency contracts. OFPP found that agencies spent more than $52 billion on these contracts in 2009.
Audit agency calls for business cases to justify new multiple award contracts, and a database listing all existing contracts. Sen. McCaskill plans to hold a second hearing on interagency contracting in June.
Tags: contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , GAO , GSA , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GWACs , Interagency contracting , Jason Miller , Contract Overload