Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: MACs
Brian Friel, a federal business intelligence analyst with Bloomberg Government, spoke The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp, to discuss his new study "Big MACs: Fixed-Price Deals Lag."
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent Bloomberg Government study examining the growth of multiple-award contracts.
A new report to Congress says OFPP will release new policies this fall to improve the management and use of multiple award contracts. One of the policies will require business cases for all multi- and inter-agency contracts. OFPP found that agencies spent more than $52 billion on these contracts in 2009.
Audit agency calls for business cases to justify new multiple award contracts, and a database listing all existing contracts. Sen. McCaskill plans to hold a second hearing on interagency contracting in June.
Tags: contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , GAO , GSA , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GWACs , Interagency contracting , Jason Miller , Contract Overload