Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Luke McCormack
Multiple CIOs say the annual budget guidance is tame without any new priorities or programs.
McCormack will help bridge the political and career technology managers, especially as the Obama administration and Congress take on IT and acquisition reform in the wake of the HealthCare.gov debacle.
Resilient Network Systems appointed former Homeland Security CIO Richard A. Spires as its new chief executive officer. Spires stepped down from the DHS post in May.
President Obama announced his intention to appoint Luke McCormack as the DHS chief information officers. McCormack spent the last 19 months as the Justice CIO.
CIO ROUNDTABLE-Progress with IT Programs "Live from the 2013 AFCEA Homeland Security Conference" March 2013
Listen Tuesday March 5th @ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Specific Programs That Are Making Great Progress,Top Priorities for Next 1-3 Years, Key Technology Trends, Biggest Challenges to Overcome, Biggest Opportunities for Collaboration, and Vision for The Future
Luke McCormack will move to the department from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement directorate at the Homeland Security Department. He takes over for Van Hitch who retired in July.
It's enough of a challenge to make the disparate IT systems of different agencies within a mega-department like Homeland Security work together. But what happens when those systems have to extend to counterparts in other cabinet-level departments? That was the topic of a panel discussion at the recently concluded AFCEA Homeland Security Conference.
Luke McCormack, the chief information officer of the Homeland Security Department's Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said ICE has not done a good job over the years in how they communicate their needs and requirements to industry.
June 16, 2011(Encore presentation July 28, 2011)
Listen March 4th at 2pm
Program will discuss DHS's Progress on IT Programs, DHS Top Priorities for FY 2010, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, Views on New Technology Trends-like Cloud Computing-Open Source-Social Networking, A Vision for The Future-for DHS & Programs that will make a difference.
Live from the AFCEA Homeland Security 2.0 Conference
Listen March 5th @ 2pm