Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lou Barletta
The Federal Protective Service will no longer coordinate security at DHS headquarters on Nebraska Avenue in Northwest D.C. according to a May 1 memo from the agency's chief security officer to the undersecretary for management. The memo was brought to light Wednesday by members of a House Transportation and Infrastructure subcommittee at a hearing on the security of federal buildings. Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management, cited the DHS memo as a possible sign that "confidence in FPS may be eroding" from within DHS.
Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) is sponsoring a bill that would impact the federal workforce as well as a bill to restrict the growth of federal real estate. Barletta is the chairman of the Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management Subcommittee on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Tags: In Depth with Francis Rose , GSA , Government Employee Accountability Act , Public Buildings Savings and Reform Act , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , real property , Freeze the Footprint , management , Senior Executive Service , Cogan Schneier
A roundtable sponsored by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee explored how public-private partnerships could work to get rid of federal property more quickly.
Tags: management , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , real property disposal , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Kim Burke , Jones Lang LaSalle , Michael Allen , Hines Interest , OMB , Melissa Dawkins
Members of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management want to know why the NRC spent millions of dollars to renovate office space it may never use. DHS and HHS were praised by the committee for their approach to consolidating office space.
Tags: GSA , NRC , management , real estate , real property , Freeze the Footprint , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Jason Miller , Dorothy Robyn , HHS , DHS , Ned Holland , Jeffery Orner , William Borchardt