Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lorton
After six years of review, Fairfax County's Board of Supervisors voted 8 to 2 to reject a $418 million option to buy the Covanta waste to energy facility in Lorton.
A partial skeleton was found just off Furnace Road Tuesday in the Lorton area, Fairfax County Police say.
A 28-year-old woman standing on her own porch was touched inappropriately Thursday night.
Fairfax County Executive Anthony Griffin is poised to recommend the county buy a trash incinerator in Lorton.
Tags: Covanta Energy , waste-to-energy , Anthony Griffin , Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce , Robby Demeria , Dominion Power , Fairfax County Board of Supervisors , Pat Herrity , Sharon Bulova , Hank Silverberg
A Fairfax County incinerator handles a million tons of garbage a year and produces enough energy to light 80,000 homes. Now the county has to decide whether to buy one of the largest incinerators in the country from the company that owns it.
Several groups are pushing for a new district and a new seat to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.
Investigators say the accidental fire that killed a mother and two of her children in Lorton last month was caused by unattended candles.
A former middle and high school wrestling judge was arrested Sunday on 10 counts of possessing child pornography, after fire officials accidentally discovered the materials in his Lorton row house earlier this summer.
The Arlington man who shot a doctor at Johns Hopkins Hospital before killing his mother and himself last week legally bought his gun, WTOP has learned.
The skeletal remains were found just off Furnace Road July 12.