Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lori Garver
NASA is partnering with a commercial space company in a bid to replace the cumbersome "metal cans" that now serve as astronauts' homes in space with inflatable bounce-house-like habitats that can be deployed on the cheap.
NASA, the Surface Transportation Board and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation share a common trait that led them to the top ranking for their size class in the Partnership for Public Service's seventh annual Best Places to Work survey. Transportation, OMB and the National Credit Union Administration earn the most improved status by implementing the best practices of the leading agencies.
Tags: management , Transportation , Surface Transportation Board , NASA , Partnership for Public Service , OMB , Best Places to Work , Daniel Elliott , John Porcari , Danny Werfel , Max Stier , workforce , Jason Miller
The space agency is set to launch its first commercial resupplying mission, perhaps as early as Tuesday. The Falcon 9 rocket will carry the Dragon capsule into space, where it will deliver food and water to the International Space Station.
The Federal Drive talks to NASA's deputy administrator about the first commercial space launch and ClearanceJobs.com's Evan Lesser about speeding up the clearance process.
NASA Deputy Administrator Lori Garver has been on the road to meet with leaders of commercial space companies. She joins us with details of what she found.