Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lockheed Martin
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is concerned new regulations may make whistleblowers even more reluctant to report tax fraud to the IRS. OMB Controller Danny Werfel says $85 billion in cuts under sequestration would hurt every state. Maj. Gen. Brett Williams says the U.S. Cyber Command is trying to figure how to normalize operations alongside air, land and sea capabilities. Lynn Singleton, director of environmental services at Lockheed Martin, talks about helping agencies move their email to the cloud. Dr. Milton Corn explains why The National Library of Medicine is monitoring social media.
Tags: Chuck Grassley , Senate , IRS , whistlelower , Danny Werfel , OMB , sequestration , U.S. Cyber Command , Brett Williams , Lynn Singleton , industry , cloud , Milton Corn , National Library of Medicine , National Institutes of Health , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive
CACI appointed Kenneth Asbury as the company's president and chief executive officer on Wednesday. Asbury comes to CACI after 27 years of leading systems and services expansion as well as program delivery for Lockheed Martin.
Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Darrel Issa (R-Calif.), wrote to the heads of 10 defense companies seeking information about the legal justification for not issuing notices of potential layoffs due to the across-the-board defense cuts set to go into effect Jan. 2. If contractors don't issue the notices and contracts are, in fact, terminated or modified, then agencies will pick up the contract-termination and employee compensation costs, the Office of Management and Budget stated in guidance issued late last month. But Republican lawmakers have argued the White House doesn't have the legal authority to ask companies to not comply with the law.
Lockheed Martin will not issue layoff notices — known as Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) notices — if the automatic, across-the-board cuts known as sequestration take effect Jan. 2.
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , GSA , OMB , Tom Sharpe , Steven VanRoekel , Linda Gooden , Lisa Schlosser , Gwynne Kostin , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , cloud computing , OASIS , Jim Ghiloni , TechAmerica , Stan Soloway , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Martin Libicki of Rand Corp talks about managing cyber attacks. Kevin Brancato of Bloomberg Government discusses the Canada's decision to pass on the F-35. John Templeton of BlackMoney.com talks about being an African American in IT. Belva Martin of GAO discusses the new network communications strategy.
Tags: Martin Libicki , Air Force , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Rand Corp , Kevin Brancato , Canada , F-35 , DoD , DoD Report , John Templeton , Black Money , Belva Martin , GAO , Army , information technology , Federal Drive
Christopher Kubasik, Lockheed Martin's president, chief operating officer and CEO-elect, resigned Friday after an ethics probe revealed an improper relationship with a subordinate employee. The board named Marillyn Hewson, the executive vice president of the company's Electronic Systems unit, the president and COO, effective immediately. Hewson will also become the CEO in January 2013 — when Kubasik had been slated to become the company's chief executive, taking over for retiring Bob Stevens.
Paul Lemmo, vice president of Business Development at Lockheed Martin Informations Systems and Global Solutions will discuss cybersecurity, integrated solutions and more.
December 11, 2012