Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lisa Schlosser
Nine months since OMB issued its 25-point plan to improve how agencies oversee technology, the tone is changing. Lisa Schlosser, the federal deputy CIO, said the goal is to make sure agencies are using their people, money and other resources as best as possible. Agencies are finding some early success with the IT reforms, especially around acquisition.
Tags: technology , workforce , contracting , OMB , Ken Rogers , State , AFCEA Bethesda , cloud computing , IT reform , Data center consolidation , Commodity IT , jason miller , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , service level agreements
Schlosser comes to OMB from EPA where she will take over for Mike Howell, who left in November. Schlosser also served as CIO of HUD and worked on cybersecurity at Transportation.
Long-time privacy and cybersecurity expert to join the government to work on similar issues. EPA's Lisa Schlosser also takes on a new role at her agency.
Co-author, "The Beat! Go-Go Music From Washington, D.C."
Director, Information Collection Office of Environmental Information, Environmental Protection Agency
District Advisor, First Command
OMB developing data standards to reduce strain on governmentwide systems
Tags: management , Kshemendra Paul , Stan Czerwinski , OMB , GAO , EPA , Energy , Paul Posner , Dave McClure , CGI , George Mason University , Gartner , stimulus spending , Recovery Act , data management , data standards
Data relevancy taking over data accessibility