Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lisa Farbstein
Metro's chief of communications is resigning.
Robert Joy was attacked last Friday night at the Suitland station on the Green Line. He was waiting for his niece, due to show up any minute on a train.
Metro says a man stabbed while exiting the Georgia Avenue/Petworth station Sunday suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Metro was aware of dangerous issues with escalator brakes a month before an accident at the L'Enfant Plaza station injured six people -- one of them seriously.
Tags: Metro , escalators , L'Enfant Plaza Metro station , Vertical Transportation Excellence , Rally To Restore Sanity , March To Keep Fear Alive , National Mall , Metro Board of Directors , Gallery Place Metro station , Adam Tuss
Metro calls it a communication breakdown. Its central command didn't tell track workers it rerouted trains before actually rerouting them.
Tags: Braddock Road , Metro , Blue Line , Yellow Line , Potomac Yard , King Street , Tri-State Oversight Committee , Matt Bassett , Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport , John Moore , Adam Tuss , Colleen Kelleher
Some riders are complaining that Metro did not communicate at all about the tense situation that was happening nearby.
Metro was supposed to start a new round of fare hikes on Sunday.
"WMATA has the worst safety record in the country, and they need to improve that safety record," Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley said on WTOP's Ask the Governor program.
In the wake of numerous safety incidents, accidents and deaths, major management changes are taking shape at Metro.
The 23-mile expansion, which will be called the Silver Line, would be built in two stages.