Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lisa Danzig
OMB is giving agencies a lot of latitude to figure out how best to meet key parts of the Government Performance and Results Act Modernization Act of 2010. NASA, NSF say they are developing strategic review processes that fit their specific mission goals. Agencies are going through the first set of reviews and rankings this summer.
The Office of Management and Budget told agencies in its annual budget guidance to propose a 2 percent reduction in discretionary spending levels and an increase for a specific, prioritized set of programs that are working well. OMB's Lisa Danzig said agencies should use the data from their strategic reviews to help make these decisions.
Effectiveness is the latest buzzword spreading across the federal performance community. Lisa Danzig is charged with building an effectiveness culture to go with the efficiency focus that has emerged over the last few years. Danzig took over the day-to-day management of governmentwide performance just about two months ago. She is the associate director for personnel and performance at the Office of Management and Budget. Danzig spoke with Executive Editor Jason Miller at the Government Performance Summit in Washington.
Lisa Danzig is slated to become OMB's associate director for personnel and performance. She would replace Shelley Metzenbaum, who left in May.
Several departments are seeing the benefits from governmentwide collaboration. The interagency National Intellectual Property Coordination Center used its relationships to get the word out more quickly about counterfeit air bags that potentially could explode on impact. HR University absorbed millions of dollars in performance management training courses from an agency who on the CHCO Council.
Tags: management , collaboration , DHS , VA , HUD , CHCO Council , Kathryn Medina , Lev Kubiak , Dennis Blasius , Consumer Product Safety Commission , National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center , Jason Miller , HR University , veteran homelessness
Panel discussion guests include Lisa Danzig, director of the Office of Strategic Planning and Management at Housing and Urban Development; Seth Harris, deputy secretary of Labor Department; Robert Shea, principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director for Administration and Government Performance at the Office of Management and Budget.