Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lines of Business
Agencies face a series of deadlines starting at the end of May to map out their plan to consolidate commodity IT. Vendors will, many times, be the suppliers of the shared service, said Scott Bernard, OMB's chief architect. OMB wants agencies to use the shared services strategy as a guide and the PortfolioStat sessions as the tool to figure out where opportunities exist.
Internal documents obtained by Federal ews Radio details administration's plans to require use of the secure identity card, cloud computing, data center consolidation and several other initiatives. Current and former government officials say OMB clarified its stance on how to move forward with many of the former Bush administration initiatives.
GSA leads the group of 20 trying to add structure to all the different initiatives. Shared Services Forum to submit ideas to OMB on how to move governmentwide effort to use cloud computing.
Jim Williams leads the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration. He spoke with Jason Miller.