Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lines of Business
Agencies face a series of deadlines starting at the end of May to map out their plan to consolidate commodity IT. Vendors will, many times, be the suppliers of the shared service, said Scott Bernard, OMB's chief architect. OMB wants agencies to use the shared services strategy as a guide and the PortfolioStat sessions as the tool to figure out where opportunities exist.
Internal documents obtained by Federal ews Radio details administration's plans to require use of the secure identity card, cloud computing, data center consolidation and several other initiatives. Current and former government officials say OMB clarified its stance on how to move forward with many of the former Bush administration initiatives.
GSA leads the group of 20 trying to add structure to all the different initiatives. Shared Services Forum to submit ideas to OMB on how to move governmentwide effort to use cloud computing.
Jim Williams leads the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration. He spoke with Jason Miller.