Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Lewis Shepherd
America's Intelligence Community depends on timely, accurate information to help national leaders make important decisions every day. And yet, increasing use of drones, remote sensors, satellites and a plethora of digital data sources threatens to overwhelm analysts abilities to sort out needles of useful information in the big data haystack. In this edition of "AFCEA Answers", Mark Lowenthal from the Intelligence and Security Academy, and Lewis Shepherd with the Microsoft Institute, continue a debate started in the pages of SIGNAL Magazine on whether or not an emphasis on Big Data in the IC should be a top priority at this time.
The former senior technology officer at the Defense Intelligence Agency gives the Daily Debrief his thoughts on the departure of Bob Lentz.
This week, host John Gilroy chats with Lewis Shepherd of Microsoft about challenges in 2010.
Jan. 19, 2010