Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Leon Panetta
Frank Reeder, a principal at The Reeder Group and former OMB official, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss OMB's role in the ongoing budget process. Also, Robert Shea, a former OMB official with Grant Thornton, discussed the performance-management provisions of the 2013 budget request.
The Pentagon begins the process of revealing its budget plan for fiscal year 2013. The proposal includes the scaling back of several weapons systems, savings on personnel costs, along with an assurance from top DoD officials that even though the military will be smaller, it will be more agile and more capable.
Tags: DoD , DoD budget , reversibility , efficiencies , Budget Control Act , sequestration , strategic guidance , James Winnefeld , Martin Dempsey , pay and benefit , workforce , Jared Serbu , On DoD , retirement , TRICARE , acquistion workforce , budget , Robert Hale , BRAC , IT efficiencies
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told the Marine Corps on Friday to re-investigate and take appropriate action against the Marine snipers who posed with a logo resembling a notorious Nazi symbol.
The leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee suggested on Monday that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta rushed a decision to develop the Marine Corps version of the next-generation strike fighter jet despite new technical problems with the troubled program.
Andrew Shapiro, the assistant Secretary of State for political and military affairs, explained the significance of the MOU.
The Defense Acquisition Board approved the next phase of development for the Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System or DEAMS.
Jim Lewis, a senior fellow and director of the Technology and Public Policy Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the rising profile of cybersecurity in the Defense Department — even as officials have announced impending budget cuts.
If confirmed he will replace Air Force Gen. Douglas M. Fraser at the Miami-based command and become the third Marine Corps commander of the Southern Command.
"Priorities for the 21st Century" plan calls for B-52 bomber, U-2 spy plane, and a "triad" of nuclear weapons that can be launched from land, sea, and air.
Russel Rumbaugh, co-director of budgeting for foreign affairs and defense at the Stimson Center, sees the looming sequester as an empty threat. Meanwhile, DoD and the administration move forward with significant cuts in spending.