Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Larry Melton
Even stodgy old federal buildings can benefit from the smart design the latest technological advances offer today's building designers.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Federal Drive talks to Susan Grundmann, the chairwoman of the Merit Systems Protection Board, about changes to federal employment cases. Plus, interviews with top officials from the Broadcasting Board of Governors and GSA's Public Buildings Service.
As part of President Obama's commitment to improve wellness among federal employees, the U.S. General Services Administration is delivering healthier food choices and more sustainable, green cafeterias.
June 14th, 2011 at 12:00 PM
This fifth panel in the series focuses on SMART Buildings - exploring how to increase the intelligence of your agency's buildings, workplaces and workspaces. SMART of intelligent buildings can enable new workforce models that leverage cloud services when delivering an agency's task or mission. Rapid, anywhere, any-when access to people and information is increasingly more critical and affects the speed and quality of decision making. Learn how you can ensure sustainability of government while transitioning to these new workforce models, without increasing risk and cost.
All federal buildings owned or managed by GSA will have their walls adorned with posters and signs with a message from DHS. We get details from GSA's Larry Melton.