Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Larry Korb
In an open letter to congressional leaders and to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, a broad array of military scholars argue the cost of running the Pentagon bureaucracy soon will crowd out the spending necessary to fight and win wars.
Tags: DoD , budget , military compensation , BRAC , workforce , Jared Serbu , Gordon Adams , Center for American Progress , Center for Strategic and International Studies , Todd Harrison , Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments , Stimson Center , Brookings Institution , David Berteau , Mackenzie Eaglen , American Enterprise Institute
With the military now able to set its own timeline, what can we expect for how long it will take? Dr. Larry Korb, a senior fellow with the Center for American Progress has more analysis.