Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Labor
The Department of Labor is teaching classes on retirement and health benefits at Howard University. Phyllis Borzi, assistant secretary of labor for the Employee Benefits Security Administration, tells Federal News Radio about the program and their hopes for recruiting.
The five-step online toolkit has tips for everything from creating a welcoming environment to do's and don'ts for interviews.
In October 2009, President Barack Obama announced a groundbreaking initiative to increase the employment of people with disabilities in the Federal Workforce. Christine Griffin, Deputy Director at OPM, tells us about an upcoming career event.
The Government Accountability Office is accepting anonymous reports of workers' compensation abuses by federal employees as part of an investigation into fraud in the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA).
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Seth Harris , Jeff Zients , OPM , OMB , John Gage , Colleen Kelley , Patricia Niehaus , AFGE , NTEU , FMA , telework , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller
Michael D. Yates
Author of "Why Unions Matter"
Director of Health Policy Research, Economic Policy Institute
President, AFGE SSA Local 3615
Chief Financial Officer
August 11th and 13th, 2008
Gary Steinberg, acting director of the Labor Department's Office of Workers' Compensation Programs, spoke to Federal News Radio about the changes.
A new site, called Wage Determination Online, is a permanent resource for researching information on service contracts and labor standards.