Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Labor
President Obama releases set of initiatives that includes a government-wide job fair and a new interagency task force to promote best practices. At the same time, GSA and the Access Board are updating the Section 508 requirements for technology.
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Scott Gould , Seth Harris , Kathleen Merrigan , Peter Orszag , Tom Vilsack , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , OMB , VA , performance management , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer , performance improvement officer
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Interior , Treasury
The budget blueprint, released Monday, would reform the Workforce Investment Act, which accounts for $10 billion of funding in the departments of Labor and Education, and supports nearly 3,000 career centers nationwide and a range of other services, the Office of Management and Budget said in a fact sheet.
The request marks OSHA's first-ever call for enterprisewide changes. The department reprimands the Postal Service, calling their handling of the problem "irresponsible." USPS says they are a safe workplace, but vows to improve.
Chief performance officer Zients says agencies need to figure out and follow the best metrics to improve performance. Federal Performance Portal will be a one-stop shop for all agency measures that are being tracked through online dashboards.
A $500 million Labor Department program designed to train workers for green jobs has come up far short of its goals, with only 10 percent of participants finding work so far, the agency's assistant inspector general has found.
The Labor Department is turning to the public for ideas to help people find jobs. Labor is offering up to $35,000 for an app that helps unemployed people find the right career path.