Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Labor
The National Treasury Employees Union has denounced a Senate bill reforming the Postal Service because it would also reduce benefits under the federal workers' compensation program.
Actual spending of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds between February 2009 and September 2011 exceeded Congressional Budget Office estimates by $20 billion or about 4 percent, according to a post on the CBO Director's blog.
With no end to lawmakers' fedbashing in sight, the American Federation of Government Employees is looking forward to 2012's presidential and Congressional elections. "Federal workers are a sane, responsible group of citizens. They vote in big numbers," AFGE President John Gage told Federal News Radio.
A proposed Labor Department rule to mandate 7 percent of federal contractors' workforce be disabled people is aimed at elevating the importance of disability hiring to the level of affirmative action for race and gender, a Labor official said.
The Labor Department is proposing a rule to mandate that seven percent of federal contractors' workforce is people with disabilities.
Unions, management associations and agencies will continue to meet through September 2013 to discuss issues from employee evaluations to bargaining over office space and technology. President Barack Obama signed an executive order extending the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations, the President's Management Advisory Board and seven other advisory committees.
Jane Oates, the assistant secretary for the Employment and Training Administration at the Labor Department, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how a new veteran-specific job website works.
Nearly two years of negotiating has led to a stalemate between the Social Security Administration and its largest union, the American Federation of Government Employees. The protracted dispute mars the Obama administration's otherwise productive attempts to collaborate formally with federal unions.
Tags: Social Security Administration , Michael Astrue , IFPTE , Greg Junemann , AFGE , Witold Skwierczynski , FMA , Jessica Klement , workforce , unions , management , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relations , Emily Kopp
The Labor Department gave $68,000 in prizes for applications to help connect unemployed people with job positions.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Tags: technology , cyber security , glenn schlarman , OMB , scott charbo , DHS , Tom Wiesner , Robert Lentz , DoD , mike gibbons , Unisys , mike rau , cisco , donald goff , UMUC , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza