Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Kshemendra Paul
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
Several agencies and other countries are using the The National Information Exchange Model framework to create common vocabularies for everything from orange juice production to cybersecurity and health care. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said the U.S., Mexico and Canada have signed an agreement to run pilots using standards based on NIEM for pandemic and public safety information sharing.
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.
Changes are coming to the ISE, and Program Manager Kshemendra Paul will take suggestions anywhere he can get them.
Changes in technology, culture and conditions necessitate not only an update, but growth for the three-year old office.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , technology , management , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , NARA , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information , Jason Miller
The Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment says the three-year-old document needs to be updated and expanded. This effort is one of five priorities Kshmendra Paul shares in his exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, a month into his new role.
Tags: technology , management , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , NARA , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information , Jason Miller
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , James Carafano , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , Jason Miller
What do information sharing and lobbying have in common? Federal News Radio's Jason Miller reports.
Kshemendra Paul moves from the OMB chief architect to the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment. He will lead the work on information sharing standards, policies and procedures.
OMB developing data standards to reduce strain on governmentwide systems
Tags: management , Lisa Schlosser , Stan Czerwinski , OMB , GAO , EPA , Energy , Paul Posner , Dave McClure , CGI , George Mason University , Gartner , stimulus spending , Recovery Act , data management , data standards