Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Kevin Mahoney
President Barack Obama's order to streamline hiring requires agencies to complete the process in 80 days. Federal News Radio asked Kevin Mahoney, chief human capital officer at the Small Business Administration, to provide tips for success.
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
In part 2 of the special investigative series, Diane Sellers said she faced another round of retaliation just this past January when management moved her into a new position without cause. Sellers and two other career agency officials say they are facing a hostile work environment because they blew the whistle on potential misconduct. SBA says there is no evidence of HR violations or creating phony positions.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , David Robbins , Michael Chodos , Keith Lucas , Elaine Powell Belnavis , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , AFGE , whistleblower retaliation , human resources , Jason Miller
In part one of the exclusive Federal News Radio series, Karla Saunders says SBA management continues to exact revenge against her for testifying on behalf of another employee about agency misconduct. Saunders says among the reprisals she has faced over the past three years is officials put her in two jobs involuntarily that she has no qualifications for. SBA officials deny any wrongdoing and say the administrator has no tolerance for waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , SBA , Office of Special Counsel , Debra Roth , Vincent Melehy , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Jason Miller
OPM's Mahoney says it is something to be considered