Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Kevin Kampschroer
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Green Building Advisory Committee recommends GSA establish the LEED certification as the governmentwide standard for all federal buildings. GSA will work with Energy and DoD to come up with the final decision.
The new version of the online resource provides additional resources to better help agencies improve workplace sustainability.
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.
Agency moves Federal High-Performance Green Buildings office to Office of Governmentwide Policy. GSA also creates the first Chief Greening Officer in the Public Buildings Service.
All but three departments met the goal to cut down the amount of energy they use by 9 percent. Agencies also expected to spend more than a billion dollars in 2009 on energy efficient projects. GSA's new rule goes into effect today requiring new leases to have an Energy Star rating.
Green is good, but a building also has to serve the people inside. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains.
With a new tool, users can make informed decisions based on the best practices GSA has learned over many years of experience with sustainable building. GSA's Kevin Kampschroer explains how it works.
October 5th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on green IT initiatives & greening of buildings, top green priorities, key challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices and a vision for the future.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , GSA , Vaughn Noga , EPA , Terrence Clark , CA ecoSoftware , Paul Brubaker , Cisco Systems , Robert Middlebrooks , Autodesk , Trezza Media Group , Jim Flyzik , The Flyzik Group