Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ken Salazar
The Interior Department issued its four-year technology transformation plan where it describes how it will save $100 million a year starting in 2016. Interior's roadmap focuses on back office and administrative systems.
"I must tell you, anyone who was in the civil rights movement will be quite overwhelmed by this because for us, it is to be sure a memorial to Dr. King, but it's a memorial to the very civil rights movement that he led," says Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton after a tour of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
Secretary Salazar issued a memo to give oversight of the IT budget to the chief information officer. The memo also removes the CIO title from the bureaus and renames them as assistant directors for information resources. Observers say this move by Interior has been long-overdue.
Interior CIO Bernie Mazer tells Jason Miller about the new expanded role of the CIO.
PEER claims a new directive for the agency that replaced MMS is diminishing scientific integrity by screening employees' findings.
Secretary says agency "no longer exists" and details new agency's responsibilities.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , Diane Feinstein , Lamar Alexander , Wilma Lewis , Michael Bromwich , Interior , Senate Appropriations Committee , MMS , Gulf oil spill , reorganization , Meg Beasley
Salazar on management issues, ethics, and is he having fun yet?