Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ken Ritchhart
The agency plans on hiring 500 more federal employees in 2011. Officials said they could save $40 million by reducing the number of vendor employees. CBP also is hiring more lower-level employees to help keep the pipeline of skills flowing.
The agency needs to lower IT contract costs to use money for staff and other mission-critical needs. Customs and Border Protection must deal with a several hundred million dollar technology budget cut while needing to update its infrastructure.
Tags: DHS , tech , VA , CBP , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza , emerging technologies , Dr. Joseph Keilman , Cynthia Krohmal , Porter Shomo , Cognos , Joel Brunson , TANDBERG , David Smith , Citrix , contracting