Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Keith BieryGolick
After protesters marched to the White House, VA's Human Resources Management Office issued a letter calling for a "temporary stand down on changes to lower grade actions."
Program to provide identification cards for maritime workers lags behind a similar DoD effort, and is causing decade-long problems.
Tags: House , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , John Mica , TSA , port security , TWIC , Transportation Worker Identification Credential , Coast Guard , Stephen Sadler , secure identity cards ,
OPM's annual workplace report showed growth in minority employment, but also found less Hispanics working in the federal government than the private-sector.
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said the military needs to take sexual assault more seriously.
Kevin Perkins is replacing Thomas Harrington who is retiring in July. Perkins currently serves as the executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal Cyber Response and Services Branch.
Acting administrator Michael Huerta had few answers for members of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee concerning the FAA's lack of progress on pilot training and safety regulations. Huerta said the final directive is expected to be out by October 2013. He also said the NextGen system is making progress and establishing important baselines.
Tags: management , FAA , Michael Huerta , Jared Serbu , Congress , NextGen , Air Transportation System , John Rockefeller , Frank Lautenberg , Senate Commerce , Science and Transportation Commi , whistleblower , OSC
Benjamin Friedman, a CATO Institute research fellow, said sequestration prevents intelligent spending cuts, but that doesn't necessarily mean DoD lacks room to make smarter ones.
Service members expected to be discharged can apply for federal jobs without a certificate of release or discharge from active duty.
Former FAA human resources assistant administrator Ventris Gibson said hiring reforms over the last two years have made the process better, but there still is room for improvement.
IBM Federal General Manager Todd Ramsey busts myths about government procurement. Although well-conceived, he said current acquisition procedures do more harm than good.